Diversity & Inclusion Program
APAV believes in a world that is inclusive in approach and where equal opportunities and equitable outcomes exist for all. The APAV community is committed to developing and supporting a robustly diverse, equitable, and inclusive community, where all members create and feel a sense of belonging.
APAV believes that:
- Its core values are strengthened when all members have a voice and are encouraged to contribute.
- Every member of humanity has a contribution to make to the whole. It is our duty to encourage and promote that contribution.
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion are an active process that requires continuous commitment to promote healthy people, healthy communities and the overall success of present and future generations.
Our values are realized through or by:
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness among individuals and groups.
- Actively building a community whose members have diverse cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences.
- Providing effective leadership in the development, coordination, implementation and assessment of a comprehensive array of programs and services to promote diversity and understanding of differences.
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion.